These are some of the most common questions people ask us

Where are you located?
We are located in North Eastern Minnesota in the town of Ely, Minnesota. Ely, Minnesota and our resort are right on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW).
Do you fish in the BWCAW?
Yes, we do fish in the BWCAW as well as outside the BWCAW on the our chain of lakes or other local lakes.
When is the best time to come?
This is probably the most commonly asked question. Every season has something to offer our customers. Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. The spring is a great time for groups of fisherman we offer specials at this time of year since the kids are still in school, it may still be cool, but the fishing for numbers of walleyes can be at its best, as well as giant northern pike. Summer from Mid June thru August can be great fishing as well. The weather can be the warmest. And all species of fish usually get into there summer patterns. The smallmouth start going crazy in early June and continue throughout the summer. The walleyes still are biting in good umbers in June, and then in July and August they tend to concentrate again. Some of our biggest walleyes are caught in July and August. The Fall September and October can be crisp In temperatures, but the fishing can be explosive in its peak. The fall fish are gorging them selves for the long winter ahead and this is when many of our trophies are caught.
What kind of fishing do you offer?
We fish for Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie, Crappie, Blue gills and Lake trout.
Do you have guides available?
Yes, we have professional guides on staff.
Do you have accommodations?
Yes, we have Lake Side cabins as well as motel units.
What size groups can you handle?
All group sizes can be accommodated with enough advance notice.
Do you provide meals?
We do occasionally cater in meals; however most of our customers do their own cooking or drive into town, which is only seven miles away.
Do you have guides available?
Yes, we have professional guides on staff,
How soon do we have to plan our trip?
The sooner the better. Trips into the BWCAW require permits.
What is the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW)?
The BWCAW is a federally managed wilderness area. There are portions of the BWCAW that allow motorized boats. The majority of the BWCAW is non-motorized and paddle only.
Is Timber Trail Lodge in the BWCAW?
No permanent structures (including resorts) are not allowed within the BWCAW and Timber Trail Lodge is located on the edge of the BWCAW.
What size boats are allowed at the resort?
There is no size limit on the resort lakes. We fish on Farm Lake, White Iron Lake, and Garden Lake , with 14ft to 20ft boats ranging in horse power.
Are there boat size restrictions in the motorized portion of the BWCAW?
Yes, motorized lakes in the BWCAW typically limit boats to not more than 18ft in length and 25 horse power (hp) or less.
How long is a guided day trip?
Our guided day trips last for eight hours on the water. We do offer half day trips on the Chain of lakes which last four hours.
Do your guided trips offer shore lunch?
Yes, this is the highlight of the trip for many.

© Copyright All Rights Reserved.